Our Lady of the Angels Hospital Radiology Department is accredited by the American College of Radiology and offers a full range of diagnostic services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Radiology works with board certified Radiologists and strives to provide the highest quality diagnostic imaging and patient satisfaction.
Diagnostic Imaging includes:
- General Radiology, including X-ray and fluoroscopy procedures.
- Interventional Radiology, in which minimally invasive procedures assist in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Ultrasound, which uses high frequency sound waves to create images of various parts of the body.
- Breast Imaging, including digital mammography and ultrasound.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), a non-invasive body imaging procedure that uses powerful magnets and radio waves to construct pictures of the internal structures of the body.
- Computed Axial Tomography (CT or CAT), which uses a series of detailed pictures of areas inside the body, taken from different angles; the pictures are created by a computer linked to an X-ray machine.
- Nuclear Medicine, which uses very small amounts of radioactive substances, or tracers, that are attracted to specific organs, bones or tissues, to diagnose or treat disease.
- Bone Density Testing uses X-rays to measure how many grams of calcium and other bone minerals are packed into a segment of bone